19 July 2011
Australian Defence Almanac 2011-2012
By Raspal Khosa
The Almanac, authored by Raspal Khosa, is a unique publication that brings together a wealth of information across the full-range of Defence activity in a single, easy-to-use reference source. It is an up-to-date, fact-filled resource that places otherwise difficult to find Defence information at the reader’s fingertips and presents it in a transparent, highly readable form.
- Defence and strategy looking at the constitutional and legislative basis for Defence, the military justice system, Australian strategic policy and Australia's place in the world.
- Australian Defence Force which covers ADF command arrangements, order of battle, equipment, small arms and light weapons, ordnance, platform activity levels, comparative military strength, Defence facilities, establishments and bases.
- Department of Defence which looks at the organisation, Defence outcomes and programs and the Strategic Reform Program.
- People which covers personnel issues such as personnel numbers, ranks, recruiting activity, enlistments, Reserve, separations and salaries.
- Money provides Defence funding, comparative regional defence spending, comparative Commonwealth spending, top 30 Defence projects and top 30 Defence contractors.
- Australia and the World considers significant treaties, conventions and agreements, Australian membership of intergovernmental bodies and international organisations, ADF overseas deployments and international engagement.
- Counter-terrorism covers counter-terrorism arrangements, governance structures for counter-terrorism, national terrorist situation, budget appropriations for agencies, agencies' CT roles, terrorist organisations in Australia and regional terrorist incidents.