16 Jun 2020
ASPI submission to the DFAT cyber strategy
By Bart Hogeveen , Jocelinn Kang, Tom Uren, & Sarah O’Connor
In April 2020, the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade organised a public call for submissions to inform Australia's new international cyber and critical technology engagement strategy.
Members of ASPI's International Cyber Policy Centre prepared a submission that presents five pillars for Australia's new strategy:
1. Build upon Australia's International Cyber Engagement Strategy
2. Maintain Australia’s sovereign capabilities in critical technologies
3. Adopt a rights- and norms-based approach to Australia’s cyber and critical technology engagements
4. Shape Australia’s vision on the future of cyber and technology in international relations
5. Strengthen cyber and technology diplomacy in the years to come
The entire submission can be found here as well as on DFAT's website.