Receptionist / Administration Officer
The Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) is currently seeking an experienced Receptionist/Administration Officer. This is an exceptional opportunity for an organised and talented individual to join an energetic, happy and hardworking team.
ASPI is an independent, non-partisan think tank that produces expert and timely advice for political, strategic & security leaders in Australia and the Indo-Pacific region. In these uncertain times, ASPI is increasingly being relied upon by government, media and the private sector as a source of informed thinking on matters relating to Australia’s national security.
Key Role Responsibilities
The Receptionist/Administration officer will support the day to day administrative operations of ASPI and be the main point of contact for visitors and phone inquiries. The role includes a variety of administrative tasks including several financial responsibilities, the handling of outgoing publications and providing support to ASPI’s Events Team. Specifically, the Administration Officer will be responsible for:
- Providing reception coverage including answering telephone inquiries and greeting visitors
- Monthly financial reconciliations (credit cards, cabcharge accounts, petty cash etc.);
- Maintaining and filing incoming and outgoing correspondence, accounting paperwork and external publications;
- Support to the ASPI Corporate Team - Finance, Events and HR
- Support to the ASPI Publications Team – management of a database for publications inventory and the distribution of publications including preparation of hardcopy mailing lists, email alerts and postage
- Providing general assistance to other ASPI staff; and
- Other duties as directed to contribute to the efficient running of ASPI.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in a similar role with at least one comparably sized organisation (either public or private sector);
- Exceptional computer skills including Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and Word);
- Knowledge of MYOB (or similar financial/account management software);
- Well presented, with superior customer service skills and a professional phone manner; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility and an ability to work as part of a team.
ASPI promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and values unique contributions of all people. The institute strongly encourages women and people from diverse cultural backgrounds including applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply.
The successful candidate will be offered a position and remuneration at a level aligned with their skills and expertise. ASPI will recruit this position based on merit and demonstrated experience in areas of expertise.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia on a full-time basis. No recruiters please.
Applications should be submitted to [email protected] by no later than 17 November 2019. Early applications are encouraged and must include the following:
- a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, as described above (max 2 pages)
- a resume including 2 professional referees (max 3 pages)
For further information about this position please contact ASPI on (02) 6270 5100.