Corporate: Tech Support
The Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) is an independent, non-partisan think tank that produces expert and timely advice for Australia's strategic and defence leaders. The Institute's work helps to foster strategic expertise in Australia through dialogue, research and its contribution to public debate. In these troubled strategic times, clarity of policy thinking and decision-making is essential. ASPI is increasingly being turned to by government, media and the private sector as a source of informed thinking on strategic matters.
ASPI’s corporate team works to support the Institute to facilitate its increasingly prominent role in shaping Australia’s response to national security challenges. The growth of the Institute’s influence and resources has led to a new opportunity for a friendly, helpful and knowledgeable Tech Support person to join our team.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the main purpose of this role is to provide technical support to ASPI’s 70 staff members.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Systems Administration: Essential. You will assist with the day to day operation of an in-house Windows environment and must be able to demonstrate solid Windows network management, fault-finding and maintenance experience. You will provide daily technology support to our staff so must have a cheerful and unflappable nature when dealing with their seemingly endless technology issues.
- Web Administration: Essential. ASPI operates several web sites with a variety of CMS and hosting environments. A very good understanding of the operation and management of cloud web systems is essential. Some experience in web development and/or design is also desirable.
- Cyber Security: A solid knowledge and experience of anticipating and mitigating cyber threats is required. Previous experience and responsibility essential.
- Audio/Visual systems support: We produce in-house videos, webinars, live-streams and podcasts. The IT support person will be engaged in video and sound recording, editing and production on a regular basis - experience in this world will be highly desirable. We also operate several meeting rooms and an auditorium with lots of AV projection equipment which needs TLC.
- Be an excellent communicator and must be bi-lingual (Tech to Human)
- Strong experience in a similar role
- Be self-driven but team oriented
- A robust sense of humour
ASPI promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and values unique contributions of all people. The Institute strongly encourages women and people from diverse cultural backgrounds including applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply.
Applications should be submitted to [email protected] no later than 11 October 2020. Applications should include:
- a letter of no more than one page in length linking your motivation and skills to the above requirements;
- curriculum vitae and names and an ability to supply the contact details of two referees if requested.