Analyst – National Security / Counter-Terrorism
The National Security Program and CTPC are looking to appoint a resourceful, energetic and industrious analyst. This is an excellent opportunity to utilise your knowledge and experience to work in Australia’s leading research centre. Analysts are required to
- support the drafting of research papers, policy briefs, and blogs .
- provide research assistance to senior ASPI staff
- aid in the coordination and development of dialogues with national and international partners
- collaborate, manage and interact with external stakeholders; and,
- represent ASPI in meetings, seminars and conferences as required.
The successful candidate will be offered a negotiated remuneration at a level aligned with their demonstrated skills and expertise. This is a contract position. Contracts can be renewed based on satisfactory performance.
ASPI promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and values unique contributions of all people.
The Institute strongly encourages women and people from diverse cultural backgrounds including applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for someone who has all or some of the following:
- high quality work and/or research experience, with proven expertise in counter-terrorism and national security
- appropriate tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline with strong academic achievement and research experience
- demonstrated ability to conduct and produce original research, and contribute collaboratively to other reports for publication
- superior writing, editing and analytical skills
- demonstrated ability to work with limited direction
- the ability to initiate, set priorities and manage different aspects of a research project simultaneously
- ability to speak languages other than English is highly desirable.
Applications should be submitted by email to [email protected] no later than midnight on 29 April 2018 and should include the following:
- a letter of application of no more than one page in length linking your skills to our requirements;
- curriculum vitae and names and contact details of two professional referees, including one for your current position