The Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) is an independent, non-partisan think tank that produces expert and timely advice for Australia's strategic and defence leaders. The Institute's work helps to foster strategic expertise in Australia through dialogue, research and its contribution to public debate. In these troubled strategic times, clarity of policy thinking and decision-making is essential. ASPI is increasingly being turned to by government, media and the private sector as a source of informed thinking on strategic matters.
ASPI’s corporate team works to support the Institute to facilitate its increasingly prominent role in shaping Australia’s response to national security challenges. The growth of the Institute’s influence and resources has led to a new opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly organised and self-motivated person to join the corporate team as an Administration Officer.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the main purpose of this role is to perform general administration support for ASPI’s Human Resources, Publications and Events functions.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Scheduling interviews and meetings
- Correspondence with candidates
- Maintaining spreadsheets and records
- Preparing employment paperwork
- Assisting with new employee’s induction
- Screening applications
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to assist in the delivery of hardcopy and electronic publications
- Assist with the planning and hosting of ASPI’s program of events
- Proactive, solutions-driven with a can-do attitude
- Highly organised
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities within tight timeframes
- Ability to work independently
- Previous experience in an administrative role
ASPI promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and values unique contributions of all people. The Institute strongly encourages women and people from diverse cultural backgrounds including applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds to apply.
Applications should be submitted to [email protected] no later than 23 August 2020. Applications should include:
- a letter of no more than one page in length linking your motivation and skills to the above requirements;
- curriculum vitae and names and an ability to supply the contact details of two referees if requested.