The Sydney Dialogue - Senior Events Coordinator
- We are seeking a high-performing individual to join The Sydney Dialogue as a Senior Events Coordinator on a fixed term contract
- Engaging and vibrant organisational culture
- Join a team that delivers exceptional results
The Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) is an independent, non-partisan think tank that produces expert and timely advice for Australia's strategic and defence leaders. The Institute's work helps to foster strategic expertise in Australia through dialogue, research, and its contribution to public debate. In these troubled strategic times, clarity of policy thinking, and decision-making is essential. ASPI is increasingly being turned to by government, media, and the private sector as a source of informed thinking on strategic matters.
About the Role
ASPI’s largest event, The Sydney Dialogue, brings together heads of government, Ministers, the most senior tech company executives, and prominent civil society leaders to discuss forefront technology issues. Last year’s inaugural Dialogue was a resounding success, attracting the highest caliber of speakers including Australian Prime Minister Morrison and Indian Prime Minister Modi. The Dialogue reached an audience of close to one billion people across the globe.
This exclusive, high-level forum is due to convene at Australia’s architecturally renowned Sydney Opera House on Sydney Harbour in November 2022. The invite-only summit will host 300 representatives, joining in person and virtually, to debate policy, drive innovation, and establish common understandings of the opportunities and challenges posed by advances in emerging, critical, and cyber technologies.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in event coordination, organising stakeholder events in a fast paced, highly professional environment
- Proven organisational skills, time management skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of internal and external stakeholders including high level government officials and senior business leaders.
- Good oral and written skills, including an ability to draft clear and concise messages and to present information in a logical and coherent manner
- Good working knowledge of computer software, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Monday.com is desirable.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- knowledge and experience working with or within Australia’s national security landscape
- Experience coordinating events in an on-line format
This position would suit an EL1 or high-performing APS6 looking for a change and to expand upon their skills. Remuneration will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
- Please refer to the position description attached.
- All applications should be submitted to [email protected] including the following documents:
- Cover letter (addressing the selection criteria on the Position Description)
- Resume/CV including two current referee contact details.
The successful candidate will be offered a remuneration package at a level aligned with their demonstrated skills and expertise. This is a fixed-term contract position for an initial 12–24-month term with the option of extension based on satisfactory performance and funding partnerships.
ASPI promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value the unique contributions of all people. ASPI is committed to equality and diversity to create an inclusive workplace. As part of this commitment, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with disability, culturally diverse people and those who identify as LGBTIQ+ are strongly encouraged to apply.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 17 June 2022 – an early application is advised as we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if suitable applications are received.
Position Description can be downloaded here.