Women in Defence and Security Network: Speed Mentoring Event
Following an incredible response for this event, we have decided to change the venue to allow for a greater number of both mentors and participants!
Updated details for the event are as follows:
Date: 10 May, 2018
Venue: Eureka Room, QT Hotel, 1 London Circuit, Canberra ACT 2601
Time: 1800 – 2000
Participants will have access to women mentors working across several different fields, including intelligence and national security, cyber security and STEM, academia, international aid and foreign policy, politics, media and journalism, international trade policy, NGO’s and civil society organisations, industry and defence.
We have a number of prominent women confirmed as mentors, including some very exciting new names**:
- Professor Joan Beaumont, Professor Emerita at ANU’s Strategic and Defence Studies Centre
- Dr Elizabeth Buchanan, Europa Fellow at the ANU Centre for European Studies and Director, Polrisk
- Ms Danielle Cave, Senior Analyst, ASPI’s International Cyber Policy Centre
- Ms Amy Haddad, Assistant Secretary and Principal Gender Specialist, Gender Equality Branch DFAT
- **Ms Kendell Kuczma, Senior Manager, Lockheed Martin Australia
- Dr Huong Le Thu, Senior Analyst, ASPI Defence and Strategy Program
- Ms Anne Lyons, Visiting Fellow, ASPI’s International Cyber Policy Centre
- The Honorable Kate Lundy, ACT Defence Industry Advocate
- Ms Lucienne Manton, Assistant Secretary, EU and Western Europe Branch, DFAT
- Ms Linda McCann, Acting Assistant Secretary Global Interests, International Policy Division, DOD
- **Ms Catherine McGregor AM, Visiting Fellow at ASPI
- Ms Karen Middleton, Chief Political Correspondent, The Saturday Paper
- Ms Caroline Millar, Deputy Secretary, International Security, Humanitarian and Consular Group, DFAT
- Dr Anu Mundkur, Associate Director of the Gender Consortium, Flinders University and Civil Society Liaison for the Australian Civil-Military Centre
- Ms Mercedes Page, Intelligence Coordinator, Thales and CEO of Young Australians in International Affairs
- Ms Lisa Sharland, Head of International Program, ASPI
- **Ms Rebecca Skinner, Associate Secretary, Department of Defence
- **Professor Jill Slay AM, La Trobe Optus Chair of Cyber Security, UNSW
- LTCOL Deborah Warren-Smith, Gender Advisor, Army Operations
- Ms Johanna Weaver, Director, Cyber Affairs Section, DFAT
- Ms Jennifer Wittwer, Women, Peace and Security and gender specialist
- Ms Katherine Ziesing, Managing Editor, Australian Defence Magazine
Mentoring sessions will be structured, and we will provide sufficient guidelines to all participants prior to the event. Canapés and drinks will be available throughout the event.
Spread the word amongst your networks! We sincerely hope that you are available to participate in this exciting event, which aims to showcase the work of prominent women in the fields of defence and national security and learn from their diverse experiences.