Webinar Launch - 'Spy vs Spy: The New Age of Espionage'
The Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) and Australian Foreign Affairs is delighted to invite you to a panel discussion on the new issue of Australian Foreign Affairs: Spy vs Spy: The New Age of Espionage.
This issue of Australian Foreign Affairs explores the threat facing Australia as changes in technology enable malign actors to target individuals, officials, businesses and infrastructure – challenges that have only sharpened due to Covid-19. Topics tackled by the authors in this ninth issue of Australian Foreign Affairs – which we will cover, and debate, in our panel discussion, include:
- Anne-Marie Brady uncovers the covert influence and activities of China’s network of spy agencies.
- Danielle Cave probes how data and technology have shaped espionage in a time of crisis and beyond.
- Andrew Davies sweeps Australian intelligence history to show how technology has transformed state-on-state espionage.
- Kim McGrath reveals Australia’s intelligence failures in Timor and asks whether we owe more to our neighbours.
- Penny Wong argues for a foreign policy shift to confront a fast- changing Asia-Pacific.
Please join the authors and Editor Jonathan Pearlman on 19 August at 11am. ASPI’s Danielle Cave will chair the event.
Registration is free, but essential.