WDSN Speed Mentoring - Perth
Following the success of our Speed Mentoring events in Canberra and Sydney last year, ASPI’s Women in Defence and Security Network and PwC Australia are delighted to invite you to attend this year’s Speed Mentoring event in Perth.
ASPI proudly supports and promotes furthering the careers of women in the defence and security community. We do this partly through our Women in Defence and Security Network (WDSN) which aims to enhance the professional skills and abilities of women and increase their professional networks.
Participants will have access to women mentors working across several different fields, including intelligence and national security, cyber security and STEM, academia, international aid and foreign policy, politics, media and journalism, international trade policy, NGO’s and civil society organisations, industry and defence.
We have a number of prominent women confirmed as mentors, including:
- LTCOL Amanda Williamson, Senior Manger, Assurance, PwC
- Dr Casta Tungaraza, Chair, Advisory Group on Australia-Africa Relations
- Commander Catherine Hayes, Royal Australian Navy
- Danielle Cave, Deputy Head, International Cyber Policy Centre, Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- Warrant Officer Deb Butterworth, Command Warrant Officer Training Command, Royal Australian Navy
- Emma Newman, Superintendent Aviation Operations WA, Regional Command WA, Port Operations Command, ABF Operations Group, Australian Border Force
- Dr Erika J Techera FAAL GAICD, Professor of Environmental Law, Law School and Oceans Institute, The University of Western Australia
- Fiona Torline, Human Resources Manager, Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- Helen Bathurst, Partner, Assurance, PwC
- Senator the Hon Linda Reynolds CSC, Minister for Defence Industry, Minister for Emergency Management and North Queensland Recovery, Senator for Western Australia
- Lisa Sharland, Head of International Program, Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- Natalia Gusiatnikova, Manager, ACCA, PwC
- Rachel Meadows, Senior Manager, Assurance, PwC
- Samantha Hoffman, Non-resident Fellow, International Cyber Policy Centre, Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- RADM Wendy Malcolm, Head Maritime Systems Division, Royal Australian Navy
Mentoring sessions will be structured, and we will provide sufficient guidelines to all participants prior to the event.
Spread the word amongst your networks! We sincerely hope that you are available to participate in this exciting event, which aims to showcase the work of prominent women in the broad field of defence and national security and learn from their diverse experiences.
This event is kindly supported by PwC Australia