Building cyber policy for Australia: the international cyber landscape
Speakers: Tobias Feakin, Henry Fox, Tyson Sara and Dave Campbell
Ian Biggs: Assistant Secretary, Strategic Issues and Intelligence Branch, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- Dave Campbell, Acting Executive Manager, CERT Australia.
- Henry Fox, Director, Cyber and Space Policy, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- Tyson Sara, Assistant Secretary Strategic Policy, Department of Defence.
- Caroline Greenway, Director, International Engagement and Strategy, Digital Productivity Division, Department of Communications
- Moderated by: Dr Tobias Feakin, Director, ASPI International Cyber Policy Centre.
The ASPI International Cyber Policy Centre conducted a multi-part seminar series to help foster and promote new thinking on Australia’s next cyber security strategy. The first of these sessions centred on the domestic cyber landscape, the second Australian business, the third and final session turned to the international cyber landscape.
This session drew together internationally focused Australian government cyber experts and was chaired by ICPC director Toby Feakin. Topics discussed included Australia’s international engagement on cyber security and internet governance issues, defence diplomacy and technical cooperation.
The discussion also allowed a select audience of cyber practitioners to engage, provide feedback, and ask questions of the panel members at the conclusion of the session.
PLEASE NOTE: This event was held under Chatham House Rule.
Images courtesy of Flickr user ITU Pictures & Ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken, DFAT, and Department of Defence.