ASPI-YAIA Speed Mentoring
The Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) and Young Australians in International Affairs (YAIA) are delighted to invite you to attend our upcoming 'Speed Mentoring' event in Canberra.
YAIA is an Australian not-for profit organisation committed to engaging young Australians in international affairs and foreign policy, and to building the high calibre leaders necessary to navigate Australia's future in the Indo-Pacific Asian century. ASPI is proud to support the mission of YAIA through co-hosting an event that provides meaningful advice to young Australians interested in a career in international affairs.
Participants will have access to mentors working across several different fields, including intelligence and national security, cyber security and STEM, international aid and foreign policy, politics, international trade policy, industry and defence.
Confirmed mentors include:
- CAPT Chris Aulmann, Director Future Military Commitments, Military Strategic Commitments, Department of Defence
- John Blaxland, Professor of International Security & Intelligence Studies, Strategic and Defence Studies Centre, Bell School, CAP, ANU
- Gai Brodtmann, Former Shadow Assistant Minister for Cyber Security & Defence
- Mike Burgess, Director-General, Australian Signals Directorate
- Yasmine Chatila Zwahlen, Ambassador of Switzerland to Kiribati, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, and Special Envoy of Switzerland to the Pacific, Embassy of Switzerland
- Elaine Elemani, Assistant Director, International Policy Division, Department of Defence
- Mike Gallagher, Strategy Director, Northrop Grumman Australia
- Hamish Hansford, First Assistant Secretary, National Security and Law Enforcement Policy, Department of Home Affairs
- Fergus Hanson, Head of International Cyber Policy Centre, ASPI
- Dr Martin Hess, International Operations, Australian Federal Police
- Hon Dame Annette King, New Zealand High Commissioner to Australia, New Zealand High Commission Canberra
- Paul Longley, Principal Consultant, Operations and Delivery, QinetiQ
- Angela Macdonald, Assistant Secretary, Middle East, Americas, North Asia, Russia and Turkey Branch, International Division, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Lucienne Manton, Assistant Secretary, EU Political and Strategy Branch, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Candice Meszes, Chief of Staff to the Associate Secretary, Office of the Associate Secretary, Department of Defence
- Mercedes Page, Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Young Australians in International Affairs
- Sian Phillips, Director, Women Peace & Security, Department of Prime Minsiter and Cabinet
- Carl Rhodes, Director, RAND Australia
- Bridi Rice, Director, Australian Council for International Development
- Grant Sanderson, Chief Executive Officer, Defence Systems Group
- Rajiv Shah, Managing Director, MDR Security
- Lisa Sharland, Head of International Program, ASPI
- Michael Shoebridge, Director, Defence & Strategy, ASPI
- Ingrid Southworth, Deputy Head of Mission, British High Commission Canberra
- Margaret Twomey, Assistant Director-General, Office of National Intelligence
- Deborah Warren-Smith, SO1 Workforce Plans, Army People Capability Branch, Department of Defence
Mentoring sessions will be structured, and we will provide sufficient guidelines to all participants prior to the event.
A drinks and canape reception will conclude the event.
This event is generously supported by Young Australians in International Affairs