ASPI Women in Defence and Security Network Speed Mentoring 2022 - SOLD OUT
ASPI’s Women in Defence and Security Network (WDSN) is delighted to invite you to attend the 2022 Speed Mentoring Event.
At this event, participants will have the opportunity to speak with a number of women working in foreign affairs, defence, national security and the intelligence community. This includes women across a broad range of topics in Parliament, the public service, industry and civil society. The mentoring sessions will be structured and we will provide detailed guidelines to participants prior to the event.
ASPI proudly supports and promotes the professional growth and advancement of women's careers and WDSN seeks to build and enhance mentor opportunities, professional networks and provide more platforms to share lessons learnt. Our goal is to help create and maintain a pipeline of diverse talent - people who work in, and remain interested in working in sectors that are vital to Australia's national interests.
The event will begin with welcome remarks by Gai Brodtmann and an address by Catherine Burn, ASIS Deputy-Director General Capability & Corporate Management, before the speed mentoring gets under way.
- Ms Abigail Bradshaw CSC, Head of the Australian Cyber Security Centre and Deputy Director-General, Australian Signals Directorate
- Ms Gai Brodtmann, former Shadow Assistant Minister for Cyber Security and Defence; ASPI Council Member
- Ms Catherine Burn, Deputy-Director General Capability & Corporate Management, Australian Secret Intelligence Service
- Dr Kate Cameron, Deputy Chief of Staff, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister
- Ms Michelle Chan, Deputy Secretary Southeast Asia and Global Partners Group, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Assistant Commissioner Justine Gough, Assistant Commissioner Eastern Command, Australian Federal Police
- Ms Shelby Higgs, Key Account Manager to Home Affairs & Intelligence, Thales
- Ms Eleesa Hodgkinson, Chief of Staff, Office of the Hon Matt Thistlethwaite MP
- Ms Shamsa Lea, Chief of Staff, Indigenous Leadership Team, Deloitte
- Ms Alex Kelton, First Assistant Secretary, International Policy and Agreements | Nuclear Powered Submarine Taskforce, Department of Defence
- Ms Helen McCabe, Founder & Managing Director, Future Women
- Ms Natalie Sambhi, Founder & Executive Director, Verve Research
- Ms Bec Shrimpton, Director – The Sydney Dialogue, Australian Strategic Policy Institute
- Ms Patricia Smith, Chief of Staff, Office of The Hon Tim Watts MP
- Dr Elise Stephenson, ANU National Security College Fellow and Research Fellow at the Global Institute for Women’s Leadership
- Ms Caroline Van Heuzen, Deputy Head of College, ANU National Security College
- Ms Bibi Voyles, Embassy of the United States of America
This is a ticketed event, to purchase tickets click here.
This event is now sold out, please contact Olivia Nelson to join the waitlist.