Jeffrey Whitton, FAICD, CDPSE, MAISA
Ambassador, NSW Cyber Security Innovation Node; External Contributor
Jeffrey Whitton, FAICD, CDPSE, MAISA is the New South Wales Security Innovation Node Ambassador and managing Director.
Jeff is a passionate technologist who has worked in the Cyber Security, Innovation, and emerging technologies industry for over thirty years.
Adept Technology and Cyber Security industry subject matter expert and leader, Jeff is highly trained and credentialed. As a CEO and Board Director for the past thirty years, he has mentored and led elite and diverse teams that included specialist engineers across all Cyber Security realms that included defence and offence threat teams who provided services across Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore.
Jeff is a founding director of Indigenous majority owned Cyber Security and Innovation company, Yirigaa. The Yirigaa objective is about providing learning, traineeships, scholarships, and full-time opportunities for First Australians and diverse cohorts in the critical professions of Cyber Security, Data Sciences and Software Development.
Currently, Jeff is:
• Orange City Councillor, 17 years.
• Fellow Australian Institute of Company Directors
• Ambassador, NSW Department of Investment, Cyber Security Hub
• Non-Executive Chair of the largest not-for-profit Disability Employment Services provider in Australia, OCTEC
• External Member, University Infrastructure Committee of the Board of Trustees, Western Sydney University – specialisation Cyber Security.
• Short Course Lecturer in Cyber Security for Company Directors and Executives, University of Technology Sydney.
• Certified Data Privacy Solution Engineer – ISACA
• Professional Member Information Systems Audit and Control Association
• Professional Member Australian Information Security Association